Saturday 31 March 2007

Parawaiting - 31st January

At the end of January there was some settled weather and keeping an eye on XC Weather (as you do) I noticed that we looked in for a few days of westerly winds but for once - it wasn't meant to be blowing a gale. I booked a day off work in expectation and checking the wind before I left in the morning, I set off for Dunstable full of expectation. It was a clear and sunny day - just perfect for flying.

Unfortunately once at the hill it became clear that the wind was well off to the south, and whats worse, it seemed to be far too strong in comparison to what was forecast. Conditions didn't improve throughout the day and most of it was spent mooching about the hillside, sitting in Hugh's car and watching Markus fly his hanglider from the comfort of the new visitors centre.

Towards the end of the day I thought I might be able to give it a go, but it was still pretty gusty and the wind had gone off to the south. I tried to launch but just ended up getting dragged and covering my glider in muddy water.

No comments: