Saturday 31 March 2007

Flying at last - 1st February 2007

Given the previous day was a bit of disaster, the next day looked more promising with the winds scheduled to die down a bit. I was right and so after going in to work in the morning I once again headed off to the downs. As I arrived Gary was preparing for launch and was soon floating around nicely.

I couldn't get my kit on quick enough. Pretty soon I was also flying and enjoying the winter sunshine. In all I managed a first flight of 1.5 hrs, followed by a second one of an hour - though struggling to stay up as the wind dropped and went off to the south again. At the end of the last flight I managed a slope / top landing on one of the grassy spurs towards the pimple which saved a long walk back up the hill.

It was great to have flown for so long. It wasn't especially lift but easy to stay up for the most part and I had the hill to myself a number of times.

No comments: