Friday 30 March 2007

First UK flights - August 2006

My second trip down to the South Downs saw me meet with Carlo at Mount Caburn. This turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Eventually after waiting around for a couple of hours for conditions to smooth off, I took to the air. We spent the rest of the day flying and I managed a good number of flights, multiple top landings, slope landings, big-ears, speedbar and by the end of the day I felt at home in the air again. It was a beautful view from the hill and as I slope-soared the grassy hill I was in paradise.

Highlight of the day was flying back down to the car park close to sunset. The South Downs are a beautiful place to fly and it was great to cruise overhead as Ravi walked back down to meet me at the car. My landing was perfect and Carlo landed a couple of minutes after me. I was completely drained and after packing up the glider me and Ravi went for a meal in a local pub before heading home. It had been a long day...

A few more trips down to train with Carlo and I had my CP exam and all tasks in the bag - I was now free to fly!

No comments: