Tuesday 10 April 2007

Dunstable - 10th April 2007


Keen to make the most of the good conditions I headed once again to Dunstable. This time it was a sneaky session during an extended lunch hour. I had planned to go after work but thought it best to try and fly while things looked good.

On the drive over I could see gliders in the air and so was excited that it was 'on' again. I arrived about 12.30 and was in the air not long after although it was clear conditions weren't ideal. There seemed to be cycles of wind and lift coming thought for short periods followed by lulls. After watching the others fly for a bit and one pilot manage a tree landing I managed to get off at a good time and flew for 20 minutes or so - eventually making a (slightly hard and fast - must remember to turn more into wind!) slope landing and getting my paraglider and lines all snagged on the brambles.

Untangling the lines and free from the brambles I returned to the launch but I had to wait a while for another good cycle to come through before I could launch again. Once in the air I managed just a few beats along the hillside before sinking out for a bottom landing. Still, with two flights in my lunch hour on a lovely sunny day I was happy enough, and the walk back up the hill will keep me fit.

No comments: