Thursday 5 April 2007

Combe Gibbet tomorrow

Off to Combe Gibbet tomorrow morning - can't wait. I replaced the damaged line on my glider (which arrived in the nick of time) so i'm all set. The wind looks good (a northerly 7-9mph - nice and gentle for me) and Weatherjack was giving a 3 earlier today. Meeting up with Richard from DHPC at the hill. Never flown there before but it sounds quite a big hill which is good news as its likely to be busy since its going to be a sunny bank holiday. Aparrently its a good thermic site from which a lot of cross-country flights are made - though perhaps i'm not ready for that yet. Must get a vario sorted next week!

I'm going to set off nice and early so I can beat any traffic and get my kit sorted out before too many people arrive. Will write a post on the days flying once I get back...

No comments: