Thursday 31 January 2008

Algodonales

I've just booked up for a weeks XC/thermalling course with Flyspain at the end of March in Algodonales. Having looked at many other courses/holidays and locations this seemed to offer the best deal for my level of experience and they also have self-catering accomodation. Hopefully i'll get some longer flights than I managed last year in Greece but without conditions being too booming! I had been planning an SIV course in Turkey this year but the dates clash with a friends wedding. Given the awful flying weather we've been having lately in the UK I'm currently wondering if I'll even get back in the air before I head off to Algodonales?

Anyway - time to start dreaming about some big distance flights in a sunny land...

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hi Mat.
Will be very interested in hearing your account of Algodonales. For 2 reasons.
1. I've just started paragliding almost finished my EP.
2. Algodonales is my local site.
I live an hour away from Algod, on the coast in a little village called Benahavis (20 mins from Marbella). We emigrated there from Manchester in Sept 07.
Cheers
Daniel Posner
posnermail@gmail.com

Mat said...

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your comment, its on my to-do list for this week, keep an eye on the blog.

Photos of the trip here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11119558@N07/

In short: it was an excellent place to fly. If you want to finish of your CP I would highly recommend Rob Mansley of FlySpain. I think he is in the UK for the summer now but everything about their service was excellent. Great instructors who worked hard all day to get everyone flying.

Regards

Mat