Wednesday 23 May 2007

Flying Paradise - Greece 2007

Tintin

Well this was my first flying trip abroad since gaining my CP last year. I looked at quite a few different options in different places but ended up choosing Flying Paradise in Epidavros, Greece. The trip seemed good value, catered for people with a range of experience and also there were activities to do if it wasn't flyable. I didn't fancy being stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for conditions to improve.

Anyway, I had an excellent week not missing a single days flying (although others did miss a day - I happened to first to lauch on that rather windy day!) and having a great time with the others on the trip. We ended up flying at several sites: Blacky, TinTin, Peters Paradise, Teds Cafe, Maria's Way and a small cliff the name of which i've forgotten. Christophe was a good guide, quite crazy but always concened about safety, and really worked hard to make sure we got into the air as often as possible.

I personally didn't clock up any huge flights as I was a bit cautious about flying in rough thermic conditions and so I often took of later or early rather than fly in the middle of the day. I also managed to screw up a few launches at Blacky (quite intimidating as its a tight fire break in a pine forest) which meant I missed all the good lift.

The following posts give a more detailed picture of the different days flying.

More pictures of the trip can be found here on Flickr.

No comments: