Monday 6 August 2007

Dunstable - 6th August 2007

Given the distinctly unusual summer we'd been having, coupled with study and work commitments I hadn't managed to fly since May in Greece. So, feeling like I wanted to get some airtime before I went to the Alps I headed to Dunstable. It was a little windy to say the least and I was content to sit out the gusty conditions watching others pitching around high above the hill. Eventually conditions calmed down and I attempted to launch, but kept on braking the wing too early letting it get properly overhead. Eventually I took a break but by the time I felt ready to give it another go the wind had dropped right off and I decided to head home and have my tea. Of course as I started packing my kit into the rucksack things picked up again for a brief spell and a few people got airborne once again. Still, it was a lovely day to be out, the sky was beautiful and I enjoyed myself taking pictures other people flying.

No comments: